Many of us long to be the sort of people who regularly spend time in prayer and reading scripture. Some of us may even have made New Year's resolutions about this very thing.
However, the reality is that most of us aren't sure where to start and need some help in order to cultivate new, healthy spiritual habits.
While you already know that cultivating (and keeping) habits of prayer and scripture reading is hard, the good news is that the people of God have been tackling this challenge for a long time.
There are many good tools that the church has developed over the centuries to guide normal, everyday people in becoming people of prayer and scripture. One of those is the Book of Common Prayer.
- 00:00:00 -- Introduction & Welcome // The Rev. Dan Marotta
- 00:01:57 -- Part I: Shallow, Disembodied, Individuals // The Rev. Dan Marotta
- 00:09:47 -- Part II: Deeply Rooted, Embodied, Community // The Rev. David Handy
- 00:25:15 -- Part III: Basics of Using the Prayer Book // David Comeau
- 00:39:28 -- Question & Answer Session
- 01:05:07 -- Praying the Daily Evening Office Together